Pucker up for a sweet treat with our Mint Truffle Lip Balm recipe! Create your own homemade lip balm to treat yourself, or give to friends as a Valentine's Day gift that everyone is sure to love. Don't forget to print-out our free downloadable tags/label holders to sweeten it even more.
You Will Need:
- Combine coconut oil and beeswax pellets in a small, heat-resistant container. Tip: Beeswax melts at 144 degrees Fahrenheit and it will discolor at 185 degrees. To maintain the rich beeswax color, do not place in boiling water.
- Place the container into a pan of hot water until the ingredients melt, stirring constantly with a spoon or fork. Wear an oven mitt to safely remove the container from the pot of water and place it on a heat-resistant mat.
- Add 8-10 drops of lip balm oil and honey. Stir well.
- Use a pipette to fill each tube to the rim. Leave the cap off until completely cooled.
- For best results, allow the tubes to sit unmoved for 20 minutes after pouring, so the mixture settles evenly. Place in refrigerator for an hour or let sit overnight before gifting.
- Tip: If you use normal cookware and utensils, place them in the freezer for 30 minutes after use and the beeswax will come right off.
Free Lip Balm Holder Printable
Whether you’re gifting these lip balms or making a batch for fun, package your Mint Truffle lip balm in style with our set of six customized lip balm holders. We recommend printing this sheet out on a heavy cardstock to keep the lip balms from sliding out and secured in place. Once the sheet is printed, cut out each holder separately. Cut through the dotted lines on each holder to easily slip in each lip balm.
Show us what you made! Snap a photo of your finished lip balm and share it on Instagram using #StampingtonMade for a chance to be a featured artist on @WillowandSageMag!