Whenever the occasion calls for a gift, I prefer to give something that is handmade. Time doesn't always allow for me to make something extravagant, so I often whip up a batch of body scrubs using my go-to recipe. Everyone loves receiving something homemade, especially when it encourages pampering. While a handmade gift is always nice, it's easy to play with the packaging to make the scrubs extra special.
Citrus Rose Scrub Recipe:
- 1 cup fine sea salt (sugar also makes a good substitute in a scrub)
- 1/2 cup almond or grape-seed oil
- 5 - 15 drops essential oil
- Whole Rosebuds, for decoration (optional)
- Amber jar with airtight lid
- Inkpads: black and green
- Jute or twine
- Typewriter alphabet stamps
Citrus Rose Scrub Project Instructions:
- Combine the salt (or sugar) in a small bowl.
- Add oil, and mix with a wooden spoon or stick.
- Lightly rub a green inkpad over an entire sheet of labels. Repeat with the black inkpad. (Your goal is to give the labels a slightly grungy, distressed appearance).
- Stamp your desired word(s) on the label and adhere to the glass jar.
- Wrap the top of the jar with a length of twine or jute.
- Add a bit of lowers or herbs, and tie a knot.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.