Not only is making your own lip balm fun and easy, but it is also incredibly addictive. These little balms are the perfect project to make in bulk, so you have a gift for a friend at a moment’s notice. The tins can be altered to fit any event, so you can use them as party favors, stocking stuffers, and so much more.
Coconut Lemon Lip Balm Project Tutorial:
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- While the water is heating, combine 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 or 1-1/2 tablespoons of beeswax pellets (depending on how firm you want your balm to be), inside the Mason jar.
- Once the water is boiling, carefully place the mason jar in the pot.
- Leave the jar in the water for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until all the ingredients have dissolved.
- Stir occasionally with a wooden utensil that you DO NOT use for cooking. For this project, I used a wooden skewer, which I threw away once I was done.
- When everything is dissolved, safely remove the jar from the pot of water and place it on your couter top; be sure to use a heat resistant place mat. Add the lemon essential oil drops as desired (I added 20 drops to ensure a nice citrus scent).
- Mix everything together one last time and then pour the liquid into three Flat Screw Top Tins.
You’ll want to let these cool overnight so that they can properly harden.
Once your balm has cooled and solidified, decorate the tin lid. Use a circle punch or cut the Lo’s Serendipity Art Pops Cards into three circle shapes. Adhere a trimmed circle onto each lid. Finish by adding a few Chitchat Stickers from the Idea-ology Collection.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.