Spread holiday cheer this season with homemade peppermint soap patties. Wrap them in a stained coffee filter and twine, add a customized tag, and let the festivities begin!
Peppermint Soap Patties Project Instructions:
- Crush one candy cane and set aside for later.
- Cut a soap base into small, cheese-sized cubes with a soap cutter. A half of bar will yield two molds.
- Fill a glass mason jar (without the lid or rim) with the pieces of soap, and heat in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the melted soap with a dedicated spoon (something that you do not plan to use for food purposes), and continue heating for 10 seconds at a time until completely melted. Carefully remove the jar from the microwave (wear protection on your hands, since the glass might be hot) and place on a heat-safe surface.
- Add peppermint essential oil to the jar to your liking, and mix together with your dedicated spoon. For a stronger scent, just add more essential oil.Pour the liquid into your soap mold, add the crushed candy cane to each mold, and let cool. Place in a refrigerator to speed up the cooling time.
- Once your soaps have cured, gently press on the back of the mold to pop them out.
- Wrap each soap base in a stained or non-bleached coffee filter, and tie with coordinating twine and jute.
- Stamp “peppermint” onto a grubby tag and cut to size.
- Back the stamped tag with a decorative Papaya Art sticker, and adhere to the coffee filter.
- Add a Tidings Token and chandelier teardrop piece for an extra festive touch.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.