I am completely obsessed with Tim Holtz’s metal word bands. So when I saw the Christmas-inspired Metal Word Bands, I knew that I had to make a project with them.
Customized Gift Box Project Instructions:
- First, tear corrugated cardboard to preferred size; mine are approximately 3-1/2 by 4 inches.
- Next, dry brush gesso onto both sides of a vintage book page, and let dry. Stamp images onto the center of the book page with black ink. Tear the book page to be a bit smaller than the size of the cardboard, and adhere to the cardboard with gel medium.
- Spray a section of ivory burlap with Fresh Lime Dylusions Ink Spray, and set aside to dry.
- While the burlap dries, add a good dollop of gel medium onto the side of the stamped text and cardboard, and then add Frosted Mica Flakes. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a strip of your newly painted burlap to fit across the bottom of the cardboard. Layer the burlap and metal word band in place, and then pierce a hole through the burlap and word band, and attach with a brad.
- Pierce two holes at the top of the cardboard, and string with >wire.
- Repeat to create as many ornaments as you like.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.