One day while biking to work, I came across this dainty feather on the trail. It sat on my desk waiting to be turned into a necklace … until I saw that we now carry beautiful mica flakes in our Shoppe. Mica flakes are sparkly and luminescent and they’re the perfect compliment for a tiny feather.
Mica and Feather Necklace Project Instructions
- Start by brushing glue onto each Vintaj bronze blank. Shake Gold Leaf Mica Flakes onto glue, and set each aside to dry.
- Wrap an eyepin to the end of feather with twine, and knot to fasten. Dab glue on the back of the twine to keep from unraveling.
- Next, paint a pattern on a feather, and set aside to dry.
- Once all components are dry, fasten all blanks, beads, feather, and mini wooden antlers to chain with eyepins, wrapping eyepins as needed.
- Wrap eyepin on each end of leather cord to form a loop. Attach the chain ends to the loops on the leather cord with jump rings.