Follow along with guest artist, Becky Shander, as she shows Stampington fans how to create these beautiful cameo framed, embellished necklaces. Many extraordinary pieces by the very talented Becky Shander have been published in numerous Stampington titles such as Somerset Life, Somerset Studio, and Jewelry Affaire.
Click here to view an entire catalogue of Becky’s published jewelry and mixed-media artwork.
- Circle Cameo Set - Heart in Frame Necklace
- Paint the front, sides and back of the wooden frame using Golden acrylic paint (Titan Buff) and let dry. Use sandpaper to slightly distress the paint, focusing on the edges of the frame.
- Attach a heart embellishment to the frame with an oval jump ring. Attach the ends of a 30” necklace chain directly to the frame with jump rings.
- Circle Cameo Set - Blue stone Necklace
- Use 24 gauge wire to make a hanging loop for the blue gemstone. Use a headpin to make a hanging loop for a bead. Attach both beaded dangles to the frame with jump rings. Attach the ends of a 30” necklace chain directly to the frame with jump rings.
- Circle Cameo Set - “W” Frame Necklace
- Paint the circle within the wooden frame using Golden acrylic paint (Titan Buff) and let dry. You can add a second layer of paint if you prefer more cover and then let it dry completely. Use sandpaper to slightly distress the paint. Apply a layer of glitter glue over the paint and let dry. Then stamp an initial (I used “W”) using black ink pad and let dry.
- Use jump rings to attach the wooden frame to a 30” chain, and to also attach beaded dangles at the top of the frame. Lastly, use craft glue to adhere a rhinestone near “W” and let dry.
- Circle Cameo Set - “3” Circle Necklace
- Coat one side of the wooden circle with a glue stick, and adhere it to the backside of an antique letter. Next, use scissors to trim around the circle. Stamp “3” onto the center of the circle with Distress Ink Pad (fired brick) and let dry. Adhere a black rhinestone near “3” with craft glue and let dry. Use a Dremel tool to drill a small hole through the top of the circle. Lightly spray Krylon Matte Finish over the top of the circle to help protect the stamped paper and let dry.
- Use 24 gauge wire to make a hanging loop at the top of the circle through the drilled hole, and use this loop to attach a 24” black stretchy cord.
|You will also ? these publications: