|Receive $5 off on new January issues, $14.99 and up. Copy and paste coupon code BLOG0117 when prompted at checkout. (Discount code can only be used once per customer.)|
The start of the New Year is the perfect time for reflection, self-improvement, and goal setting, and with this issue of Somerset Studio, we’re excited to unveil a fresh new design of our own! The inspiration inside this 144-page magazine will offer you a number of reasons to make a resolution to nurture your artistic self.
Inside Somerset Studio January/February 2017:
- Read an Artist Profile on Janet Eskridge and learn how she tackles time management while living with ADHD.
- Our new department, Down to the Details, allows artists to take a closer look at the details that make or break a piece of art.
- How to make paper look like old, rusty metal
- The basics of working with black gesso
- The results of our All About Olive Challenge
- Clever ways to use the artists papers that appear in each issue of Somerset Studio
Dive headfirst into the wonderful world of Art Journaling, and find new ways to express your artistry in 2017!
Inside Art Journaling Winter 2017:
- Ana Campos transforms an old book with paint, hand stitching, and collage
- The pretty and petite stitched scrap journal of Mary Walden
- Ideas abound on the eclectic journal pages of Linda Meza
Whether you’re an art stamper, embroidery artist, custom jewelry designer, fabric painter or knitting and crocheting enthusiast, Belle Armoire® provides 144 pages of inspiration for creating fashions that are uniquely you.
Inside Belle Armoire Winter 2017:
- Meet designer Sandra Hagen and examine her work that is full of old-world style beauty from a bygone era of glamour and elegance in this issue’s Designer Collection.
- Learn how designer Katherine Soucie incorporates material normally destined for the waste bin into her clothing masterpieces.
- Take a peek at artist Vilte Kazlauskaite’s stunning seasonal fairy costumes.
- Discover the beautiful embroidered necklaces by artisan Pera Podrug Kraljić.
- Witness the drama and splendor of Myriam Rohrer’s full-length gowns with intricate details.
Sometimes it is the simplest things that are the most elegant. Come join us in celebrating the beauty that can be found in easy-to-make jewelry in this 144-page issue of Jewelry Affaire Magazine.
Inside Jewelry Affaire Winter 2017:
- Melissa Jackson transforms wool scraps into hearts to assemble hopelessly romantic pieces just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Toni Pullen gathers inspiration from the ways in which jewelry design is interpreted around the world to create rustic pieces formed with polymer clay, leather, sari ribbon, and waxed linen cord.
- Vintage book pages are captured in resin to create Brooke Bock’s unique book bezels inspired by the vintage treasures she’s collected over the years.
- Leftover denim scraps served as the starting point for Michelle Lichter’s unexpectedly elegant rose pendants formed with a metal infrastructure that allows each petal to be shaped.
- Christie Schneider manipulated and played with hand-painted wool roving to create her eclectic yarn pieces as seen in this issue’s Feature Artist profile.
- Old-fashioned Broadway singers and silent movie stars alike make their debut on Kandi Underwood’s multi-colored and bead-embroidered silk necklaces.
Grab a cup of coffee and a cozy blanket to snuggle up by the fire with the newest issue of Mingle. With page after page (144 to be precise!) of party tips and tricks, you’re bound to be inspired. You’ll be brainstorming your next gathering before you know it!
Inside Mingle Winter 2017:
- Kathy Colby invites us to her garden party.
- Tara Berger raises a glass at her wine tasting party.
- Melanie Beilner throws an intimate Valentine’s winter picnic.
- Tracy Carpenter hosts a Golden Books themed baby shower complete with swoon-worthy details.
- Don’t miss Jamie Forsythe’s sweet berry farms, Andressa Hara’s under the stars celebration, and Harmony Goodson’s adorable date nights.
As we welcome the New Year, we also welcome a new issue of Prims! Many of the creations in this 144-page edition are made especially for the season, encompassing pieces to decorate for Valentine’s Day, Easter, and the coming of spring, but many of the primitive pieces are perfect to display year-round!
Inside Prims Winter 2017:
- Full of wonderful and whimsical primitive dolls, you will find some of the sweetest little cinnamon-dusted and dyed creations you have ever seen.
- Aiga Blowick shares a tutorial on how to make her adorable flying pygmy pigs.
- Carrie Hawkins shows off her lovely pet primitives.
- Char Hosea presents her Valentine’s Day heart pins.
Each 144-page issue of Somerset Life provides an abundance of inspiring ideas to infuse our daily lives with simple pleasures, art, romance, creativity, and beauty. This issue shines a spotlight on how to get artfully organized (perfect for a great start to the 2017 year!) by paying special attention to maintaining a creative planner that will motivate you to tackle life’s to-do lists and achieve some of your newly set goals.
Inside Somerset Life Winter 2017:
- Hop on board the artful planning train and learn how different planners are used.
- 3 different artists alter the same calendar
- Easy ideas for updating your calendars using supplies you already have on hand.
- Our readers share what they would pack in a suitcase for their perfect day.
- Learn creative ways to store your planner supplies.
- Create unique 3-D valentines in nontraditional colors
- Striking tags to adorn your Valentine’s Day gifts with
- Simple ways to show you care
The Stampers’ Sampler
Kick off the New Year with the Winter 2017 Issue of The Stampers’ Sampler! As with every issue, there is a special Tempting Template pattern and free artist paper tucked inside to inspire your upcoming card making projects.
Inside this Issue:
- Hop on our card-making merry-go-round with our Carousel Horse Template results.
- This issue’s Guest Artist, Tammy Wilson, shares her charmingly coordinated collection full of special details, mixed styles, and layers of dimension.
- Dive into more than 20 pages of challenge results featuring one of Stampington & Company’s most beloved themes: Shabby-Chic Romance.
- Don’t miss our vast sampling of cards, providing pages upon pages of creative inspiration for every level of stamper!
Where Women Create BUSINESS
Where Women Create BUSINESS is an invaluable, 144-page guide for every woman business owner – from those just starting out to experienced artisans. Through advice columns and in-depth feature articles, this magazine offers a multitude of knowledge and inspiration to women with a passion for success.
Inside the Winter 2017 Issue:
- Lena Skvagerson, crochet artist and lead designer of Annie’s Signature Designs
- Julie Cove, creator of The Alkaline Sisters website and author of “Eat Better, Live Better, Feel Better: Alkalize Your Life … One Delicious Recipe at a Time”
- Alle Fister, founder of the fashion PR firm Bollare Communications
- Lynn Konrad of French at Heart offers French-inspired antiques, decor, and handmade jewelry
- Lisa Thomas, owner of Ooh! Events, a full-service event and wedding production company
Enter to Win Our Glimpse Inside Giveaway!
We’re giving away brand-new January issues to THREE lucky winners! Simply follow these steps to enter for your chance to win:
1) Click on your favorite spread above.
2) Pin or “Like” that particular issue.
3) If you pinned to Pinterest, share the link in the comments section below. If you “liked” on Facebook, tag us so we can see.
4) If you don’t have Facebook or Pinterest, please comment below and tell us which issue you find most appealing and why.
Winners will be randomly selected for our magazine giveaway and contacted via email. Contest is open to U.S. residents only, and ends 01/31/17 at 11:59pm PST.
*$5 off coupon code applies to purchases of any of the following (Winter ’17) issues only: Art Journaling, Jewelry Affaire, Belle Armoire, Somerset Life, Where Women Create BUSINESS, Mingle, and Prims. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount code can be used only one time per customer and expires 01/31/17.
Posted: Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 @ 9:35 am
Categories: Contests and Giveaways, Glimpse Inside And Sneak Peeks.
Tags: Art Journaling, Belle Armoire, Contest, enter our Glimpse Inside Giveaway, enter to win, Enter to win a free magazine, Giveaway, glimpse inside, Jewelry Affaire, Mingle, Mingle Magazine, Prims, Somerset Life, Somerset Studio, The Stampers' Sampler, Where Women Create Business, win a free magazine, Winter 2017.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.