For anyone in love with melt-and-pour soap making, this kit is a quick and easy project that can be made for yourself or to give as a gift. Using vintage tart tins, these soaps have orange peel and essential oils for an amazing citrus aroma. Make these soaps in 5 minutes or less with the step-by-step instructions and supplies inside this DIY kit.
- 1 Honey Soap Base
- 1 Sweet Orange essential oil
- 1 bag of dried orange peel
- 2 fluted tart tin molds
- Photos may include packaging materials for display only and may be sold separately.
1. First, spritz your tins with rubbing alcohol or vodka to help ensure that your soaps will slide out of the mold once it’s set.
2. Cut the honey soap base into 1-inch cubes and place in a microwave safe measuring cup.
3. Microwave soap base in 30-second increments until it is thoroughly melted.
4. Stir in 1-20 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil, depending on your scent preference.
5. Pour soap into the tin. Sprinkle dried orange peel on top. If you would like the peel evenly dispersed throughout the soap, stir until soap begins to set a little. If you would like the orange peel only on one side of the soap, wait for the soap to set for a few minutes, then sprinkle the peel on the top surface.
6. Place in the refrigerator to set overnight.
7. Once the soaps have set, they should pop out of the tins pretty easily. You can then wrap each soap in paper or decorative packaging.
8. Optional: Want to make your soaps orange spice-scented? Just add Cinnamon essential oil with the Sweet Orange essential oil from step 4.
The information provided on stampington.com is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or treat any medical condition. Content is based on personal research and experiences and is meant for entertainment purposes only. We are not licensed nutritionists or medical professionals. You should always consult with your doctor.
NOTE: Always test a small area of your skin first, to check for sensitivity. Please avoid contact with eyes and approach all oils with extreme caution if you have any skin allergies. Please seek professional advice prior to using essential oils while pregnant or nursing.