We recently asked our Bella Grace readers what five physical items they would keep in their Happiness Box.
What’s that, you ask?
A Happiness Box is exactly what it sounds like: a box filled with items that make you happy. The box is then stashed away and reserved for those hard-to-get through days, when you can pull it out and find instant comfort.
We were blown away by the number of responses we received. We were also incredibly inspired by all of the unique ideas that were offered up. So many people thanked us for the idea and stated that they were going to immediately create one of their own.
That got me to thinking about what I would put in my Happiness Box. I’m fairly lucky in that it’s not too difficult to pull me out of a bad mood, probably because I am well aware of what brings me comfort and joy. I decided I would create a box of my own, and it all started with finding a container I really liked.
Here are the five items I chose:
- Fuzzy socks. I’m sure everyone’s tired of hearing my obsession with fuzzy socks, but I don’t care. I love them. They bring me more comfort that I can explain.
- An heirloom teacup. I’m not picky about warm beverages — tea, coffee, and cocoa all instantly boost my mood. Pouring whatever I’m craving into a cherished teacup makes it all the more special.
- Book of quotes. This little collection of quotes about friendship helps remind me that there are people out there who care for me and want the best for me.
- Candles. I burn candles nonstop, but these are a special set because I made them myself. I had wanted to make them for so long and felt so proud when I finally finished them.
- Makeup brushes. I absolutely love doing my makeup, so on a particularly bad day I will pull out all of my favorite products and really take the time to create an extra-special look.
Do you need ideas for creating your own Happiness Box or are you curious about what others put in theirs? Be sure to pick up Issue 15 of Bella Grace to see what our readers chose.