For this project, I was inspired to create a mobile that had plenty of texture and visual interest. With each feather stamped with script and the twine crocheted in a delicate scalloped design, this mobile has tons of detail to enthrall.
Fine Feathers and Shimmering Jewels Project Directions:
Paint your chipboard feathers with Tim Holtz Distress Paint. Let dry.
With black ink, stamp your script onto each chipboard piece, front and back.
Cut several 12” lengths of teal jute trim.
Hot glue the end of each feather and wrap with teal jute trim, leaving about 10” of trim for hanging the feathers later on.
Using a 6” craft hoop, single crochet around the edge or wrap the hoop with the teal jute trim.
Drape teal jute around the edge of the hoop to create a scalloped pattern.
With each feather, glue the end of the trim to the inside of the hoop.
The black and white baker’s twine is attached to the top of the chandelier drops with hot glue, then the chandelier drops are attached to the inside of the hoop, in between the feathers.
For hanging, attach jute in a loose X-shape to the top of the hoop.
Fine Feathers Crochet Directions:
This is the pattern for the scalloped, jute edging on the mobile.
- With size F hook and Prima Marketing Teal Jute Trim, single crochet around the 6” craft hoop until the hoop is mostly covered.
- When you’ve crocheted all the way around your hoop, join with a slip stitch to keep the stitches from separating.
- Chain 1, sc in first sc from previous round, *skip 1, dc 6 times in same stitch, skip 1, sc in next stitch* repeat until you have made it around your hoop, then slip stitch in the first sc of the round.
- Slip stitch to the 3rd double crochet in your first shell, then sc in same stitch, *chain 3, sc in 3rd dc of next shell* repeat around, joining with a slip stitch in the first sc of this round.
- Sc in the first sc from previous round, *dc 6 times into 2nd chain, then sc in sc from previous round* repeat around, joining with a slip stitch in first sc of this round.
- Fasten off.
About the Artist:
Sarah Donawerth is the Marketing Assistant and Copywriter at Stampington & Company. Follow her as she crafts whatever her heart desires at: www.sarahdonawerth.com.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.