Express yourself with this DIY Henna Kit. Create temporary tattoo designs with your friends with our all-natural kit. This kit is made with red henna leaf powder and our Willow and Sage Botanicals Essential Oils so that you know you’re getting a chemical-free, quality product.
DIY Henna Kit Includes:
- 1/4 cup henna powder
- 1 Tea Tree Essential Oil
- You’ll Also Need: 1/2 cup lemon and ½ tsp sugar
1. Sift 1/4 cup of henna powder to ensure that there are no clumps.
2. Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the henna powder, stirring until it is a smooth paste. You may need more or less lemon juice depending on consistency.
3. Add 1/2 tsp of sugar and 1 1/2 tsp of tea tree essential oil to the mixture.
4. Cover the mixture and allow it to rest for 24 hours at room temperature to allow the dye to be drawn out from the henna powder.
5. Make sure the skin is dry and not oily. Prep the surface with rubbing alcohol if the skin is oily or dirty. To prep the henna mixture, you'll want to add additional lemon juice or water while thoroughly mixing until the substance is a little thinner than frosting.
6. Apply henna with a cake decorating icing tip or a plastic baggie with the corner cut. If you are using the bag provided with the henna powder, add extra lemon juice to thin the mixture and do not put too much pressure on the side seams of the bag. An icing baggie is recommended.
7. Keep design covered and undisturbed until henna has begun to crack. This indicates that the dyes are absorbing into the skin.
8. Gently wash away henna flakes with a mild soap to reveal design. Note: dab at the design, but do not scrub. This will help the design last longer.
Note: Henna tattoos will vary based on skin type, tone, and texture. The image above shows a henna tattoo after letting the dye sit on the skin for 1 hour. The henna pattern will darken a bit after from an orange to a brown color.
The information provided on stampington.com is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or treat any medical condition. Content is based on personal research and experiences and is meant for entertainment purposes only. We are not licensed nutritionists or medical professionals. You should always consult with your doctor.
NOTE: Always test a small area of your skin first, to check for sensitivity. Please avoid contact with eyes and approach all oils with extreme caution if you have any skin allergies. Please seek professional advice prior to using essential oils while pregnant or nursing.