- Print a photo out with a laser or inkjet print on regular paper (NOT photo paper.) I printed mine at 14” x 24” to completely cover the pallet, a size which you can print at your local mail center or office supply store.
*Note: If your photo has any words on it, you will need to print it out as a mirror image. My photo did not have words originally - I added it after using a rub-on.
- Lay a drop cloth or scrap paper over your entire work surface.
- Lightly sand the face of the wood pallet with a sanding block, and sweep off the wood dust with your hand.
- Paint a thin layer of gel medium over the entire front surface of the pallet with a bristled brush if you want your photo transfer to look more rustic. (If you want a more polished and complete photo transfer, paint gel medium on with a foam brush instead.)
- Make the layer of gel medium as thin as you can without portions of it drying out as you paint. Then, quickly but carefully lay your photo face down onto the gel-coated pallet.
- Clean and dry your hands, and use a bone folder to gently press the photo flat onto the pallet, pushing out as many air bubbles as possible. (If any air bubbles remain, those portions of photo will not transfer.)
- Wait at least 24 hours for the gel medium to dry completely. Then, use a sopping wet washcloth to wet the back of the photo paper, and gently and slowly rub away the paper backing from the photo pigment with your fingertips and/or wet washcloth, rewetting the paper as you go to keep it sopping wet.
- After you rub away as much of the paper as possible, wait another 24 hours for your pallet and photo to dry completely. Then mix 1 ounce of Ice Resin per product instructions, and brush onto photo on pallet with a clean dry foam brush to seal photo.
- Let dry for at least a full 24 hours or longer until the photo surface is no longer tacky. To add extra words or images via rub-on, follow instructions on Rub-onz packaging to create your own custom rub-on.
- You can then permanently seal rub-on onto your photo by mixing a very small portion of Ice Resin, then brush completely over rub-on with a clean foam brush. Attach a simple picture hanger to the back of this lightweight pallet, hang on your wall, and enjoy!
Favorite Food: Watermelon
Random Fact: She experiences déjà vu on a regular basis.
Favorite Quote: “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.