Nothing screams the New Year like a brand new journal. Instead of purchasing one, I decided to create my own mini-art journal with a few pieces of cardstock, watercolor paper, and embellishments. To start out, I wanted to keep the journal small so that I didn't feel too intimidated by it. I used the 7gypsies Binding Rings to hold everything together, and so that I can add more paper whenever I am ready.
All The Simple Little Things – An Art Journal Project Instructions:
- First, stencil pattern onto one full size canvas sheet from Prima Marketing Mixed Media Album Sheets with Distress Spray Stain. Mine measures approximately 4 by 6 inches.
- Tear a piece of corrugated cardboard so that it's a bit smaller than the journal cover, and then coat with a light layer of gesso; let dry.
- Adhere a Chalk Journal Note Card to the cardboard with gel medium. Once dry, adhere all of the layers to the center of the canvas. Use clamps or binder clips to hold the cardboard in place until dry.
- Cut sheets of cardstock and watercolor paper to measure approximately 4 by 6 inches. If you are looking for a more muted/neutral look, use the paper from the Mixed Media Album Sheets, or you can use decorative cardstock to add more color. And remember, the pages don't have to be perfectly cut — this will add more character to your journal.
- Add even more layers and dimension with Prima Marketing's Insta-Scrap Transparencies and Frames. You can even include a few of Tim Holtz's Chitchat Stickers for prompts and inspiration. For a personal touch, print personal photos, cut them to size, and layer them behind the Insta-Scrap Transparencies.
- When you're done altering your pages, layer them together. Remember to alternate between transparencies, photos, frames, cardstock, and watercolor paper.
- Cut a template to size and then punch three holes using a hole-punch. Again, remember the holes don't need to be perfect. Punch holes onto all the layers of your journal, including the front and back covers.
- Finally, use binding rings to bind the journal pages.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.