Most of our contributors have shared that they feel most inspired in their studios and workspaces when they are able to easily see what supplies they have on hand. A lot of unique items are quickly forgotten once they are tucked inside a drawer and out of sight. It’s also incredibly inspiring to look around and see some of your favorite things on display. Here are some of our favorite touches we’ve added to our own workspaces.
- Think twice before you throw certain things in the garbage. An old shutter can become the perfect place for your inspiration board. You can easily attach anything you want with tape, clothespins, or by simply folding the item over one of the slats.
- If you’re lacking a green thumb, bring florals into your space by wrapping a pretty fabric around a plain plant pot. This is a great way to keep a favorite pattern in eyesight and can be easily switched out whenever you want.
- What creative person doesn’t love some pops of color? Arrange your library by color for inspiration that covers the entire spectrum.
- Bring a little nature indoors and use a sturdy stick — you can paint it or leave it natural — to hang necklaces, fibers, or even strips of fabric you want to keep nearby.
- So much of creativity is about trial and error. Create an installation out of old canvases that never quite worked out to remind you that beauty can be found in anything.
Interests: art, slow food, writing, books, yarn, authentic living
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.