Looking for a quick and inexpensive gift idea that has a homemade touch and a bit of French flair? Our Shoppe Manager shares how you can dress up some vintage jars and tins by using a little bit of ribbon and some readymade vintage canvas patches.
- Choose an assortment of canvas patches and adhere to the outside of the small plastic storage tins. The circle patches fit perfectly on the clear lids of the round tins, and the square and rectangular patches fit nicely on the square bottles.
- Wrap the wide jute ribbon around the base of the tins and adhere ribbon using a few glue dots.
- Add color-coordinated scrapper’s floss around the bases of the tins. Embellish some of the lids and the base of the bottles with thin jute ribbon.
- Tie scrapper’s floss around the bottles for a finishing touch.
- Fill the bottles with sweet-smelling bath salts, the tins with tiny trinkets, and voila! You’ve made a lovely set of French-inspired gifts that are easy, affordable, and effortlessly beautiful.
Project and photo by Vanessa Spencer
Posted: Thursday, May 17th, 2012 @ 9:12 am
Categories: How-To Project Tutorials.
Tags: DIY, French Linen, The Studio.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.