New Year’s Resolutions: Inspiring Creativity in 2016

Studio Projects
With 2016 only a few hours old, we’re all thinking about how we can embrace the New Year and use the next 365 days to our advantage.  Here are a few of our resolutions and project ideas to get you started:

Learn a new skill.

The New Year is a time of new beginnings, which makes it the perfect time to learn and practice something you’ve never done before. Whether you’re starting an art journal or learning the art of jewelry making, try your hand at a new skill that you can enjoy in 2016, 2017 and beyond.

Studio Project Studio Project Studio Project
Click here for a closer look Click here for a closer look Click here for a closer look

Make time for creating.

This one is tricky. We all have full lives and even fuller schedules with very little time to think about something like sitting down at the craft table to create some art. However, making time for something you love is just as important as laundry, doing the dishes, or cleaning the house. Embrace a mentality of self-care in the New Year and devote a small piece of your busy schedule to allowing your creative side to flourish.

Studio Project Studio Project Studio Project

See your name in print.

Get the thrill of seeing your name in print by submitting your artwork to a Stampington publication. We’re always on the lookout for great works of mixed-media artwork, jewelry, altered clothing, and sewn creations.

Click here to see our current calls for artwork.

Studio Project Studio Project Studio Project

What’s your resolution for 2016? Leave a comment below!

Related Posts:

Posted: Friday, January 1st, 2016 @ 9:14 am
Categories: Holidays, How-To Project Tutorials.
Tags: , , , , , , .
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

12 Responses to “New Year’s Resolutions: Inspiring Creativity in 2016”

1. Dena Jardin says:

My 2016 resolution is to find the real me in my art. Not reproducing what others create, not imitating the beautiful art I see in your publications and others, but finding me and my art and letting it shine. It should be an adventurous year! I will continue to learn techniques and find inspiration from others, but I am on a quest to find MY art.

2. Kelly Kardos says:

I’d like to learn a new art skill…mixed media looks fun

3. Barbara says:

I do plan on learning a new skill this year and to expand the skills that I already have. I want to go the whole year without having another major surgery and doing all I can.

4. For 2016 rather than a resolution, I’ve decided to adopt a mantra. It is the word “Wanderlust”…and growing by exploring my inner reality as well as developing my art and blog. And I know the Stampington titles will be with me on my journey. Happy New Year everyone!

5. Judy H. says:

Devote more time to creative endeavors.

6. Tara Medrano says:

I would like to be published no less than THREE times in a Stampington and Company magazine this year!

7. susan salyer says:

I would love to be published here..I would love to see my art blossom this year 2016.

8. Cynthia Powell-Cobb says:

I would like to make more time for all my creative endeavors which means, for me, to be more focused and organized.

9. Carla Bange says:

I want others to see what I see through my art. I also want others to share what they see with me so that my art can evolve as I choose.

10. Nadine Jordan says:

I want to get more involved within the art community. To show my family how good I can be.

11. Nadine Jordan says:

I want to get more into creating beautiful th ok bags.

12. Judy H. says:

I want to make enough time to experiment with my creativity so that it becomes fulfilling rather than a run against the clock.

Sarah HolidaysHow-To Project Tutorials ,,,,,,

Studio Projects

Learn a new skill.

Studio Project Studio Project Studio Project

Make time for creating.

Studio Project Studio Project Studio Project

See your name in print.

Click here to see our current calls for artwork.

Studio Project Studio Project Studio Project

What’s your resolution for 2016? Leave a comment below!

Related Posts: