Projects by Sarah Donawerth
I just recently discovered die-cut machines and now I don’t know how I’ve survived without them! I used to hand-cut gift boxes to give to friends and I can now cut them faster than ever before. These two projects using Sizzix dies are just a sampling of the amazing things you can do with die-cut cartridges.
Paper Carton Lantern
- Sizzix Where Women Cook Bigz L Die Box Milk Carton
- Sizzix Die-Cut Machine
- Metallic Gelatos
- Watercolor Paper
- Unbleached wax paper
- Da Vinci Text Unmounted Stamp by Classic Stampington & Company
- StazOn Black Ink
- Die cut the pieces to your milk carton from watercolor paper or cardstock.
- Cut a window into each side of the milk carton, approximately 2 x 2”.
- Scribble the metallic gelatos onto milk carton pieces in random shapes.
- With a makeup sponge or blending tool, blend the colors into each other, and seal with gel medium. NOTE: Gelatos can also be blended with water for an even smoother finish.
- Stamp the entire sheet of wax paper (it will not be perfect, but the effect is beautiful), then choose the best pieces and glue them to the back of each side of your milk carton, covering the windows.
- Assemble the milk carton and glue together with gel medium. The bottom should be left unassembled so that you can add the faux tea light later. It can be taped shut once the tea light is inside.
- Punch a hole in the top and attach your ribbon with a bow.
- Sizzix Where Women Cook Bigz Movers & Shapers XL Match Box Die
- Tropical Gelatos
- gel medium
- Book text scraps
- Die cut the pieces to your match box.
- With the Raspberry, Watermelon, and Snow Cone gelatos from the Tropical kit, scribble a patchwork design onto the match box pieces. They do not have to be perfect and the different random squares of color don’t have to touch each other.
- With a makeup sponge or blending tool, blend the colors into each other.
- Seal your pieces with gel medium.
- Assemble your match box and glue together with gel medium.
For even more Sizzix products, visit our Die Cutting and Embossing Collection.
Enter to Win a Copy of “Upcycle with Sizzix”
[This giveaway has ended.]
We’re giving 2 lucky winners a copy of “Upcycling with Sizzix.” To be entered in our prize drawing:
- Use the Pin It buttons below each image to “pin” your favorite project.
- Share a link of your newly created pin in the comments section below (get your link by opening your pin and copying the URL).
- Tell us why you loved that project.
Winners will be randomly selected from the comments for our giveaway and contacted via email. Contest is open to U.S. residents only, and ends 11/15/15 at 11:59pm PST.
About the Artist:
Sarah Donawerth is the Marketing Assistant and Copywriter at Stampington & Company. Follow her as she crafts whatever her heart desires at: www.sarahdonawerth.com.
Favorite Food: Gluten-Free, Nut-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Interests: Knitting, crochet, crafting, violin, puppies, and “Downton Abbey”
Favorite Quote: “I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.” – Jane Austen, “Pride and Prejudice”
Posted: Friday, October 16th, 2015 @ 9:20 am
Categories: Contests and Giveaways, How-To Project Tutorials.
Tags: die cut machine, DIY, gelatos, How-To, how-to project, Inspiration, matchbox, paper lantern, Projects, Sizzix.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.