Are you a collector of little bits and pieces of beautiful things? Unique buttons, shinny pieces of paper, sea glass, porcelain beads, the list can go on and on. While quite different, all these little things come together to bring mixed-media projects to life by adding splashes of color and bold touches of texture. However, as wonderful as these treasures are — they need a home or else they’ll be all over the place! Why not make their storage container just as special as they are?
We love boxes in all sizes and especially in unique shapes. They’re great for storing and organizing things and if embellished they can be given away as gifts or used to package gifts in. With a little TLC almost any box can be turned into a stunning treasure chest that’s worthy of holding your most cherished finds. That’s why we had to share this mixed-media graffiti box project, which features an interesting design and a hexagon box.
Materials for the Mixed-Media Graffiti Box Project:
- Paper Mache Hexagon Box
- White Gesso
- Tile Stencil Design
- Blue Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brush
- Black Ink
- Create with Abandon Stamp
- Graffiti Washi Tape
- Black Scrapper’s Floss
- Artsy Button
Mixed-Media Graffiti Box Project Tutorial:
- Start by painting the medium-sized hexagon box with white gesso and then allow it to dry.
- Once dry, stencil the tile stencil design onto each panel of the hexagon box and the lid using blue acrylic paint and a foam brush and then allow it to dry.
- Using Black StazOn Ink, stamp the Create with Abandon design onto the box in various places.
- On the edge of the lid, use Graffiti washi tape, and adhere it around the edges.
- Place the lid on the box and wrap black scrapper’s floss around the box a few times. Thread it through a Prima Marketing button, and secure with a knot.
Once you’re done with your mixed-media graffiti box, you can fill it with gifts, treats, art supplies, or even your own collection of artsy treasures!
Want More Mixed-Media Inspiration?
Visit The Studio to explore even more unique and creative mixed-media projects.
Posted: Thursday, May 15th, 2014 @ 3:39 pm
Categories: How-To Project Tutorials, Uncategorized.
Tags: artful packaging, creative, DIY, How-To, Inspiration, Mixed Media, stamps, tutorial, Washi Tape.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.