How DO they do it? If you could ask your favorite artist or crafter only one question, chances are you'd ask about creativity: Where do your ideas come! What are your tricks for overcoming blocks?
In "Living the Creative Life," author Ricë Freeman-Zachery has compiled answers to these questions and more from 15 successful artists in a variety of mediums--from assemblage to fiber arts, beading to mixed-media collage. Creativity is different for everyone, and these artists share their insights on the muse (if you believe in her), keeping a sketchbook (or not), and prioritizing your art, whether you aspire to create solely for your own pleasure or to become a full-time artist.
Inside "Living the Creative Life":
- Try your hand at creative jumpstarts straight from the pros.
- Glimpse the artists' innermost thoughts and works in progress as you peruse pages from their journals and notebooks.
- Share textile artist Sas Colby's triumph over creative block during an exotic art retreat.
- Learn how internationally acclaimed artist James Michael Starr uses experience from his former “day job” to fuel his creation today.
- Explore the work of Michael deMeng, Claudine Hellmuth, Melissa Z
By Ricë Freeman-Zachery; Soft Cover, 144 pages
- Product Code: 5FWLIVING
- Availability: Out Of Stock