Pinterest Color Challenge: Chartreuse

Hello, my name is Elysa, and I am addicted to Pinterest. Luckily, my obsession hasn’t warranted any sort of intervention–yet. Pinterest is a virtual pinboard for you to curate, organize, and share photographs that you find beautiful and inspiring. If you aren’t already a Pinner, I’m confident that words like “Repin” and “Boards” will soon make their way into your crafting vocabulary.

We put together a “Cruise in Chartreuse” board (above) to celebrate this beautiful hue featured in our annual color issue of Somerset Studio. Be sure to grab a copy to see all of the chartreuse-inspired artwork in the magazine!

Jump on the Pinterest train, and participate in our new monthly Pinterest Challenge! Curate your own chartreuse-hued Pinterest board with images of accessories, projects, home décor, paint color–anything that has a burst of this lovely lemon-lime color. Be sure to name the board “Cruise in Chartreuse” and include the hashtag #CruiseInChartreuse in each pin’s description so we can easily find your entry.

At the end of the month, we will award a copy of the upcoming Somerset Studio March/April ’12 to the Pinner with the most creative and clever “Cruise In Chartreuse” board! Not on Pinterest yet? Email me at blog@stampington.com to request an invite!

Somerset Studio January/February ’12

Best of luck!

This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and expires at midnight on February 26, 2012.

Edit: Hello Pinners! This contest is now closed. We hope you had a blast pinning pretty chartreuse items to your boards. We will be announcing the winner in a future post, so stay tuned!

Related Posts:

Posted: Thursday, January 26th, 2012 @ 9:09 am
Categories: Contest.
Tags: , , .
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

32 Responses to “Pinterest Color Challenge: Chartreuse”

1. Lisa M says:

Do we need to tell you we’re entering, or will you just find us? Also, how many items should we have on our board?

Having fun with it so far! :)

• Elysa says:

Hi Lisa! No need to notify me, I’ll be able to search for your boards from the title and the pin descriptions. Glad you’re liking it!

• Elysa says:

Oh, and there is no minimum or maximum number of items you need to include. Just keep pinning until you are satisfied with your selection!

2. Rhonda W. says:

I meant to go to bed before 11pm but I saw your challenge right as I was about to turn off the computer and decided to create my Chartreuse Board and pin just a few pics. Ahem…it’s 1 am in the morning. I’m pinning everything – not just chartreuse stuff either!!! Love, love, love green!!!

3. I’ve started my Chartreuse board! Such a lovely color!

4. I was trying to find other boards that are in this challenge, but when I type in #CruiseInChartreuse no pins show up (not even my pins). So you can find me, here’s my pinterest board.

• Elysa says:

Hi Lillian! Sometimes Pinterest takes down the search function to install updates. Don’t worry, I can access it from my end!

5. Rhonda W. says:

Thanks! This is a fun challenge that I can participate in. I hope you can find my board too (like Lillian Child says below). I also searched to see if my stuff popped up and the results landed only 4 pics of another person’s board. I think I’m going to be anal and post it here. http://pinterest.com/craftysugargirl/cruise-in-chartreuse/

• Elysa says:

Sounds good, Rhonda! I added an addendum to the end of the post encouraging people to post their links below if they would like. I’m the same way, haha, don’t worry!

6. Kate Palmer says:

OK so I know I don’t qualify being in Australia but I loved this idea so am playing along anyhow – my board is here http://pinterest.com/sparkletart/cruise-in-chartreuse/

7. Linda S says:

I’m having a great time looking for Chartreuse things. It’s one of my favorite colors. I hope you have lots of people participating. Here’s my board: http://pinterest.com/littlefoot1/cruise-in-chartreuse/.
    Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.

8. Challenge accepted :D
    My names Julie and I am a Pinterest addict :D
    J xx

9. DOH!!! just realised I can’t enter :( I’m from the UK!!
    Good luck everyone, I found some great pins ;-)

10. Jeanie says:

Just had to share this, there is no image so it’s hard to pin…The Chartreuse in this Martini adds a subtle touch of herbs that brightens up the palate. It ends up being a light, transparent green and a nice switch from a Martini. You can make it dirty if you want, but I prefer to add the essence of olives by garnishing with three olives instead, olive brine tends to battle the herbs of the Chartreuse.
    Ingredients:

1/2 oz Chartreuse Green
    1 oz gin
    1/2 oz dry vermouth

Preparation:

Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
    Shake well.
    Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

11. Doris says:

I never realized how much chartreuse is in my house. I didn’t know I even like that color until this challenge. Now I want more, more, more

12. Jeannine says:

This was a fun little challenge. I tried to think of mine as a vacation in Italy or France. It includes walking, biking, and a cocktail hour! Of course followed by a restful place to read and a cozy place to sleep.

13. Katrika says:

This was so much fun. Thanks for the challenge. Here’s my board

14. Katrika says:

Oops forgot to attach my board address: http://pinterest.com/shanimom/cruise-in-chartreuse/

15. Erin Suess says:

LOVE this challenge! I really hope you will do many more.

16. Terri says:

Excuse me for being stupid but what is a pinterest?

• Elysa says:

Hi Terri! Pinterest is a new online site that acts as a virtual “pinboard” for beautiful, inspirational, or just plain cool images that you find online and want to share with others. You can check out Stampington’s boards here–it can get addicting! :)

17. I just checked and I have 127 followers of my chartreuse board on Pinterst … amazing … and all month long I’ve been spotting this lovely color is so many different objects. LOVED this challenge and now a I have beautiful board and new pinterest followers too.

18. Cindy says:

I had a CRAZY amount of fun creating my Cruise in Chartreuse board. Now I’m noticing that fabulous hue everywhere. Thanks for the inspiration!

19. Cindy says:

So I’m dying to ask…is the contest over? Will there be others like it?

Gabriela Contest ,,