Tie One On: A Page from Apronology

The office was all a-buzz on Monday with the news that Stampington was featured on CBS Sunday Morning! Commentator Conor Knighton claims to have “developed a soft spot” for Apronology and other unique magazines over the years. We would love to see proof of that on your coffee table Mr. Knighton—want to snap us a picture? Thank you for the shout-out, it was a lovely surprise!

You can appreciate Apronology even if your “tools of the trade” are more mixed-media than Kitchen-Aid-mixer. Just looking at the photos in the magazine makes me want to pull out my fabric stash and whip up something delicious in the kitchen. If you see a gal roaming the aisles at Trader Joe’s in an apron,  that’ll be me—please say hello!

I am also proud to announce that Stampington was a sponsor of National Tie One On Day, an event that encourages us to pause during the preparation of our own meal and think about those who are in need of kindness. NTOOD was started by EllynAnne Geisel of Apron Memories in an effort to keep the sharing spark alive during the holidays.

“Like Apronology, National Tie One On Day is a once-a-year event meant to inspire others throughout the year,” said Beth Livesay, editor of Apronology. “I’ve known EllynAnne Geisel for four years, and in that time her goodness has shown through, not only as an apron aficionado, but in her power to encourage others to give back. As the editor of Apronology, I was proud to join my colleagues and the iconic EllynAnne in continuing this important tradition.”

Observing this day is simple: wrap a homemade treat in an apron, tuck in a sweet note, and donate it to a charity of your choice. Andrea Rangno, our Assistant Editor, organized the event and delivered our basket of treats to Laura’s House, an Orange County shelter that provides programs and services for women and children who have been victims of domestic violence. We are happy that we could lend a hand and help make their holidays a little bit brighter!

What are you doing to give back to the community this holiday season? Leave a comment and we’ll select one winner on Thursday, December 22th to receive a free copy of Apronology! Open to US residents only.

Check out our 15 seconds in the spotlight at 0:34!

Related Posts:

Posted: Thursday, December 15th, 2011 @ 1:19 pm
Categories: Community.
Tags: , , .
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

23 Responses to “Tie One On: A Page from Apronology”

1. veronica says:

awesome magazine!

2. Mara says:

Aprons are seeing a big return to popularity. Maybe it is because they harken back to an ideal time, when life was slower and easier. Maybe it is tv shows and movies showing them.
    I choose to think that it is because there are so many ways to personalize an apron. I really make a statement to friends and family that will see you in your home wearing it.

3. Keri Mae says:

I love love love your magazines. This Christmas our family continues to record, produce, and publish podcasts for our community’s Rotary club, Chamber of Commerce, and Bible Church. We do them for free all year round, and it is great to see how they inspire and help all of our local (and global!) communities.

4. wendy says:

The new issue looks lovely! I’m hoping to have time over the holidays to make some cards for OWH – something *other* than Christmas cards, as I’m a little burnt out on those right now. ;-)

5. My husband and I like to contribute to places like the LA Mission that serve a meal for the holidays as one of our ways to “give back” to the community.

6. Jennifer says:

We are supporting several local charities this holiday season. I love your magazines!

7. I make handmade cards for our local humane society’s gift shop to help them raise money for the much needed care of abandoned animals. Happy Holidays to everyone at Stampington!!

8. The company I work for is very active in the local community. We had several choices on how to contibute… we have collected coats for the needy, Toys for Tots, and Angel Tree.

9. Connie McGinnis says:

I have a hankering for Apronology.

10. Nancy B says:

We always celebrate Christmas by sponsoring a child in a local church home here. I also shop for sponsors that will donate money but not the time to shop and wrap. My front hall is filled with gifts! We go tomorrow and have a party for all the kids. I cannot wait to see them again this year with all their presents! They are all precious and this is what Christmas is all about!

11. Renee Zarate says:

I believe in trying to do good things for others all through the year. This time of year is a great time to clear out warm coats that are not needed. How many coats can a person wear at one time?

12. Joy! and somersaults over Stampington’s generosity at this special time of year. My favorite giving opportunity is through our local Salvation Army’s effort to provide a toy to a child who needs a Christmas, and my favorite toy of choice is filling a shopping cart with basketballs and soccer balls and those little nerfy footballs. xxea

13. DWanna Lou says:

I, too, believe we need to do good all year, not just at Christmas. I support my local food bank as well as giving supplies to the Samaritan Inn (the local shelter for homeless families). My plans for the coming year are to make aprons to donate to new homeowners of homes built in my town by Habitat for Humanity. I look foward every year to receiving the Apronology magazine with so many creative ideas for aprons!

14. Daizy B. says:

This year I have given cash to local volunteer Fire Dept., Coats from the Cold (Church sponsored), 2 Animal Shelters: dog and cat foods….I’m sure something else will present itself and God will guide me to give again…..I await…

15. Lori Northon says:

Love the look of the new blog – just what I expect from all the great folks at Stampington. While I’ve never been big on wearing aprons, I sure love to page through each new issue of Apronology and look at all the lovely aprons. As for giving back to our community during the holidays, we donate newly purchased clothes for those who are in need(coats, hats, scarfs, mittens)and canned goods to our local food bank here in town. I knit hats from acrylic yarn for the homeless (it’s easier to wash and dry than wool here in our rainy Pacific Northwest) and donate those to some of the local shelters. My husband also contributes to a matching program at work throughout the year where he has specified that money go to the United Good Neighbor fund.

16. Jackie says:

We have brought gifts for the children in a shelter. Also we give to the Salvation Army.

17. Emily R. says:

While we don’t have the time to do much volunteer work with my husband working nights and two toddlers, we help out where we can. We buy food for food drives, donate to the Salvation Army, and whenever we see someone who needs a hand, we offer one, even if it is something as simple as helping an elderly lady put her groceries in her car. It’s the little, unexpected things that people will pay forward.

18. I give to the community in several ways.
    This holiday season I gave to Summit Quest Adventures a charity that takes children who are effected by cancer on canoe and camping trips.
    And thru out the year at least once a week. I take a plate of food to my neighbor. She is elderly, lives alone and lives on a fixed income. So I always go over and tell her not to cook and I’ll take a plate when dinner is done. I also bring her baked goodies whenever I bake a cake, brownies, etc..
    I think we should all help our neighbors and remember that one day we’ll be elderly too :o)
    Happy Holidays!

19. My son is in the military and stationed overseas so I packed up a box of goodies for him and his closets friends. They love homemade food since they are single and rarely have anything home-cooked :)

20. Lisa M says:

I work at the local police department; every year we sponsor several families for whom we buy gifts. This year we started the “Shop with a Cop” program, in which children from low-income families are taken to department stores where they can choose gifts for their family members, which are paid for by the police employees. The kids love it!

21. Lovely magazine as are all your magazines!
    My husband and I have been donating to the A.M.O.R. project, which is a project helping bring medical, dental, spiritual care and education to Peruvians in need. My sister is a missionary there, which is part of the reason we are passionate about this project this year.
    Thank you for the opportunity to win an issue of Apronology!

22. Lynn Conley says:

I contribute mittens, scarfs and hats to children without. I buy them on sale the year before and then try to bling them up so they are unique.

Gabriela Community ,,

Check out our 15 seconds in the spotlight at 0:34!

Related Posts: