Image Credit: Kellene Giloff, President and Publisher of Stampington
Self portraits, otherwise known as “selfies” are making a splash and raising the creative bar in the photography industry. Wildly popular on Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, and other social media platforms, our publisher Kellene Giloff (also a talented and artistic photographer) has her own take on this hip trend. Unlike other selfies, Kellene has left much to the imagination in her soft and romantic, faceless image above.
Somerset Life Selfie Challenge:
One of Stampington’s most loved titles, Somerset Life, spotlights artists who find beauty in everyday living through their raw and organic photographs. Our challenge to you is to capture a thoughtfully provoking selfie image without including an actual shot of your face – a photograph that portrays what it means to live authentically.
- Be creative! Your photo must include a shot of yourself from the chin down. Feel free to incorporate props like flowers, pearls, ribbon, paint, or other artful embellishments that best represent you.
- Send your high resolution digital images (300 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifying candidates will have a chance to:
- Be published in an upcoming issue of Somerset Life or Artful Blogging
- Receive a free gift of their choice of Somerset Life or Artful Blogging
- Be featured in our Instagram gallery with artist credit
Good luck and have fun with this challenge! We can’t wait to see what you submit.
For more inspiration, browse through Kellene’s stunning photo gallery here.
*Please note: Winners will be notified by email. Deadline is Monday, October 28th.
Posted: Monday, September 23rd, 2013 @ 9:39 am
Categories: Artful Living, Artwork Submissions, Contests and Giveaways.
Tags: artful, beauty, blogging, Flickr, flowers, Instagram, pearls, photograph, selfie, Somerset Life.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.