Imagine if you could escape to a cozy beach house on a tranquil coastline, the only sound coming from the crashing waves and colorful butterflies’ wings fluttering in the soft breeze. With this special Summer Butterfly Beach House Project, your dream is bound to come to life.
Inspired by the summer season and Pam Carriker’s lofty new stamp line, our Shoppe Manager Vanessa Spencer decided to transport the beach to her home by using these fun wood house pieces, a vibrant color palette, and her adventurous imagination.
DIY Summer Butterfly Beach House:
Chit Chat Stickers
Decorative Butterfly Canvas Designs
White Acrylic Paint
Wood House Pieces
- Start by painting each of the wood house pieces with white acrylic paint. The house kit comes with a chimney for each roof, but I decided not to use the chimneys in this particular project. Once the white paint has dried, paint the rectangle shape for each house a different bright color of your choice using acrylic paint. If you don’t have the exact color you want, mix up some various colors together for unique colors.
- Using some of Pam Carriker stamps, an acrylic mount and more acrylic paint I stamped various designs onto the houses and then set them aside to dry. While the paint is drying I cut out some vintage text for each roof and glued the text on.
- On each house I attached some pieces of the decorative butterfly canvas designs that I had cut out from the Butterfly Canvas Sheet. Then after gluing those on, I attached an inspiration saying onto each house using stickers from the idea-ology Chit Chat sticker book.
Instead of spending hours at the airport and burning through tons of travel miles, in only a few simple steps, you’re now ready to relax in the comfort of your own home and bring the beach to you! Display your mini beach houses somewhere fun – whether on a white wall or perched on top of your coffee table, these colorful creations are bound to brighten up your space.
About the Artist: Vanessa Spencer, Stampington & Co. Shoppe Manager
- Has a slight addiction to all things vintage
- Originally from Australia (and still has the lovely accent to prove it)
- Is mommy to two adorable little ones, Izzy and baby Brin
Head over to The Studio to view more of Vanessa’s inspirational how-to projects!
Posted: Monday, July 29th, 2013 @ 10:55 am
Tags: Beach, butterfly, canvas, color, DIY, free, paint, Pam Carriker, stamps, summer.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.