When it comes to storing paper pieces like little notes, ephemera, and reusable craft scraps, we’re convinced that a purse would be too cumbersome and a wallet a bit unwieldy, so our very own creative connoisseur [Shoppe Manager Vanessa Spencer] came up with this altered envelope book project - a perfect pocket for safe-keeping your mini treasures!
6 Simple steps:
1) Take two flora envelopes at a time, backside up, their flaps facing each other, lined up horizontally. Wrap a piece of green washi tape around the center, front and back, binding them like a book. When you’re finished you should have three sets of 2, like the image above.
2) Compile all three sets and layer into a mini book. Bind together by wrapping a piece of Purple Plum Bakers Twine and tying into a bow on the cover.
3) Embellish the front of the book with a piece of white mulberry paper from the handmade ephemera pack. Secure it to the envelope with a strip of the green chevron washi tape.
4) Stamp the clock design onto the front. It doesn’t have to be perfect! Faded ink can add a vintage feel.
5) Glue a piece of torn French text or another image from your handmade ephemera pack onto the cover and then add a few small strips of green chevron and purple striped washi for pops of color.
6) Stamp the “Journey” definition onto the right side of the cover to add some interest and remind yourself what this life is all about – the voyage of discovery!
Voilà! Now you’re ready to open up the pages of these personalized pockets and store snippets of your favorite things!
If you loved this mixed-media booklet idea, share it with your friends on Facebook by clicking the “Like” button below!
For more DIY inspiration like this, check out our growing gamut of Free Projects on our site...and don’t forget to comment on this post with your ideas! What do you want to learn to create? Let us know so we can tell our Shoppe Manager!