My best friend was feeling a bit blue last spring when she couldn’t spend Easter with her family, so I turned our apartment into an Easter egg hunt arena. I hid little notes in each egg that contained a hint to the location of the next one. She was brimming with smiles by the end of her hunt, and we celebrated the holiday at our favorite brunch spot.
If you’re on the hunt for a cute and simple spring project to brighten someone’s day, your search ends here. Collect your own scavenger hunt treasures in these sweet spring baskets—and then display them on a table or mantel to decorate your home. This easy-to-assemble project celebrates going “green” and calls for everyday materials that might be found in your kitchen! Discover how our Shoppe Manager gave empty egg cartons a fresh coat of paint and turned them into a darling craft DIY. For more projects that you can create from recycled materials, check out GreenCraft Magazine.
- Cut out a mini basket from an old egg carton and paint it any desired color.
- Once the paint has dried, punch two small holes in each basket.
- Thread the wire through the holes on each basket to create the handles.
- Secure the wire by wrapping the excess wire around the handle. Use wire cutters and tuck in the end to minimize sharpness.
- Tie a bow to the top of each handle with seam binding ribbon.
- Finish your basket off with decorative excelsior and a few Easter eggs in pretty pastel shades.
Happy hunting! For more projects with a springtime twist, visit The Studio.
What fond springtime memories do you have? Share in the comments below!
Project and photo by Vanessa Spencer